1. Don’t buy junk food treats. Those tiny calorie treats can kill your pet. This year, feed fresh crunchy veggies or treats with simple ingredients such as sweet potatoes.
2. Don’t ignore pet food labels. If you can’t comprehend what’s in your pet’s food, then they should not be eating it. The most important decision you make for your pets each day is what you feed. Choose wisely. Their health depends on it.
3. Don’t make excuses to skip walks. You both need to walk more. Don’t don’t miss your daily walks. You’ll both live longer and be healthier because of it.
4.) Don’t put off your pet’s exam. Learn how to help you pet live an optimal life by working closely with your veterinarian on a regular basis.
5. Don’t forget your dog or cat’s heartworm preventive. Heartworm Disease is fatal to Dogs and Cats.
6. Don’t forget to hug your pet each day. And be thankful for all you have this year. Take time each day to reflect on one thing you have that you’re grateful for. We are so fortunate to live in this country at this time and to share our days with such wonderful, caring creatures. Happy 2017.